Here are a few of our favorite articles written by Haven Faculty over the years. There are so many that this page could never be a complete list of our favorites, so check out the Shen Blog to find the latest articles about The Haven and the principles we teach, as well as interesting things we find that may be of interest to you.
These are a few of our favourite articles from the last 25 years. Our most current articles can be found on the Shen Blog. You can also read past issues of the original Shen.
- Ian McWhinney: A Medical Visionary by Jock McKeen. Remembering and celebrating the life of Ian McWhinney OC, FRCGP, FCFP, FRCP, the 'Father of Family Medicine'.
- Long Term Therapeutic Effects of a Three Month Intensive Growth Group by Bennet Wong, Jock McKeen, Stephen Sulzbacher, Jerry Glock and Brock McDonald (Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 42:4, April 1981).
- Facing Breast Cancer, by Bennet Wong and Jock McKeen (1999). How Haven ideas can help in facing cancer and other illnesses.
- Renewing Human Contact: An Individual Choice, by Bennet Wong and Jock McKeen. How group work at The Haven helps us connect with one another as the people we really are.
- Seek a Wild God, by James Bugental (1992). "Psychotherapy that is truly the nurturing of the spirit or soul must be the search for the wild god." Renowned psychotherapist James Bugental, who taught at The Haven in the 1990s, on the mystery of the human spirit.
- Mirroring: The Discovery of the Self, by Joann Peterson (1996). Learning to see ourselves and others with clear eyes.
- Needles Are Not the Point, by Bennet Wong and Jock McKeen (1997). How acupuncture and Haven-style breath and bodywork invite people to heal themselves in relationship with others.
- Face the Music and Dance, by Sylvia Edlund (1997). How Haven programs helped the author deal with extreme childhood trauma and debilitating illness.
- Paul Reps: A Remembrance, by Bennet Wong and Jock McKeen (1991). A moving tribute to a Zen master who spent his last years at The Haven, and for whom the Reps Room and Library are named.
- The Healing Resort, by Ellery Littleton (1983). An evocation of The Haven in its earliest days.
On-going learning & support. Contact the leaders for more details. Find out more.
New! Haven Coaching
Integrate your new learnings into your relationships, your workplace or your community. Find out more.