In these unsettling times, we have choice as to how we respond.
We have opportunities to get creative about how we can stay connected and chances to slow down, breathe consciously, and pause for reflection.
Physical distancing does not have to mean isolation. Now more than ever we need to open our hearts and minds to ourselves, one another, and our planet. A closed campus does not have to mean a disruption to healing, growth, and transformation. We want to continue to be a resource for personal growth and development in a new and exciting way.
We're providing a host of resources and offerings to help bring us together (virtually!). We hope you'll join us in whatever way best serves you:
Online Check-in Groups
"I have been struggling with lots of anxiety and being part of a Haven group was like coming home. I had such a good sleep that night." - Brenda, Online Check-ins
These are not Haven programs, but are an opportunity to be with others who value open and honest communication and connection. If you're Haven Alumni, you're likely to see familiar faces and reconnect with other participants, faculty, assistants, and interns. If you're new to The Haven, we welcome you to our community and encourage you to learn more about our models and concepts online and through others who have been to our campus. These weekly calls are an opportunity to meet and check-in with others. We'll begin as a large group and split into small groups (just like in Haven programs!) with the calls lasting 90 minutes in total. Our intention has been to review and evolve along the way and we've learned that many of our Alumni wanted the opportunity to invite family and friends. Despite an abundance of Zoom calls out there, we continue to hear that our check-ins are offering something valuable and unique.
Creating a safe container where people can be vulnerable is important to us. All attendees will be reminded to keep the content of the calls confidential. We will continue to gather as a large group before splitting into smaller groups with a mix of alumni and newcomers.
Registration for Friends & Family:
If you've never been to a program at The Haven, please register for one of these dates using these links:
- Thursday, July 16th at 6:15pm PT: https://thehaven.secure.retreat.guru/program/haven-check-in-thursday-with-friends-family-11/
Registration for Haven Alumni:
If you're an Alumni member, please use the links below to register. We hope you'll share the above Friends & Family links with anyone who you think can benefit from these opportunities!
- Thursday, July 16th at 6:15pm PT: https://thehaven.secure.retreat.guru/program/haven-alumni-check-in-thursday-group-15/
"I find these sessions so valuable right now. Like everyone, I'm finding it hard to be isolating." - Lesley, Online Check-ins
Online Workshops & Programs
ONLINE: Communication Intensive with Cathy McNally and Jane Kilthei
Jul 24, Jul 25 and Aug 08, 2020 - tiered pricing available
This in-depth, online program is for anyone looking to improve their communications and willing to be supported and coached individually to communicate more effectively in any situation, including in challenging conversations. That’s why we’re purposefully limiting the program to 14 participants.
Dialogue—a conversation with a centre, not sides—is a transformational way of engaging that brings us together in relationship. It allows us to reach new understanding and find a new place from which to think and act together—even when we have differing points of view. A genuine dialogue involves going back and forth, seeing and hearing the other, yet remaining centred in our own existence and deeper selves. It requires slowing down, mindfully expanding our awareness, engaging our empathy, caring and curiosity and cultivating skillful listening and speaking.
This experiential program is for you if you want to...
- communicate more directly and clearly
- build more authentic relationships with those closest to you and those you work with in your work and community
- expand your self-awareness, think more clearly, and communicate with more empathy and clarity, even in times of conflict
- be more curious and a better listener
- find your voice and overcome self-censorship
- stay more confidently present in difficult conversations, from navigating the ever-changing landscape of the Covid-19 pandemic to talking about issues like systemic racism and the climate crisis
- receive valuable feedback from others about your communication in a supportive environment
Accessibility and inclusion are important to us. Together with the facilitators, we are able to offer tiered pricing on this program. Please select a tier that fits your budget and current context. Often, employers will sponsor, support, or reimburse for professional development programs like this one.
- $229: Supported – made possible by our generous supporters
- $329: Regular – standard tuition price
- $429: Pay It Forward – helps support another participant to join
ONLINE: Getting Unstuck with Humour with Carole Ames & Team
Sunday, July 26th, 10am-12pm & 2pm-4pm PT
In the current climate which includes a global pandemic, racial unrest and global warming, it may be harder, and yet more important than ever, to have a sense of humour.
Humour, laughter, and play are some of the earliest forms of self-expression seen in children. Adults have often forgotten, or never learned, the ease, effectiveness and pleasure of humour. And humour is an amazing path to acknowledging and releasing the places in our lives where we get stuck.
Getting Unstuck with Humour is for you if you are:
- Feeling stuck in patterns, behaviours, insights, or mood
- Interested in shifting your energy, mood and perspective in simple, profound ways
- Willing to explore the physical, psychological and relational impact of humour
- Seeking ways to enliven your relationships and expand your ways of connecting
Haven at Home: Free Online Resources
- From the Forest: A Guided Meditation Series by Linda Nicholls
- World Heart Connection Visualization by Gillian Enright
- Somatic Experiencing: Blanket Meditation by Susa Holt
- Guided Haven-Style Breathing Meditations by Toby Macklin
- An Unusual Way To Respond to Unusual Times by Wayne Dodge
- 6 Steps to the 2-Chair Process: Gestalt Therapy at Home by Wayne Dodge
- Is It (Still) Okay to Laugh: The 3-Step Humour Maneuver by Carole Ames