The Haven is on beautiful Gabriola Island, one of the southern Gulf Islands of British Columbia.
View The Haven property map.
PLEASE NOTE: The Gabriola Taxi is currently not operating past 6pm Sundays through Thursdays. If traveling by Gulf Island Seaplanes you need to arrive on Gabriola prior to 5pm as we do not offer shuttle service for pick up at Silva Bay. If traveling as a foot passenger on the Gabriola ferry the shuttle is available for the 3:45 and 5pm sailings so plan accordingly.
Getting to Nanaimo
- By float plane (20 minutes) with Gulf Island Seaplanes from Vancouver Airport south terminal or with Harbour Air from downtown Vancouver.
- By BC Ferries from Vancouver area by ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Departure Bay, Nanaimo, and then by taxi from the Departure Bay ferry terminal to the Gabriola ferry terminal in Nanaimo. Alternatively, you may take the ferry from Tsawwassen to Duke Point, Nanaimo, but the drive from Duke Point to the Gabriola ferry terminal is longer (more expensive taxi fare).
- By bus from Victoria (Island Link Bus or Tofino Bus) or Vancouver (Greyhound).
- By plane to Nanaimo's Cassidy Airport (YCD), about 20 km south of Nanaimo. From Cassidy Airport a taxi or the shuttle bus can take you to the Gabriola Ferry terminal in downtown Nanaimo.
- By car from Victoria (2 hours).
Arriving by car
Exit ferry and continue straight up the hill, taking first left onto Taylor Bay Rd. Continue for about 2 km (1 mile), then turn left onto Davis Rd. The Haven is at the end of Davis Rd. The Haven property map (on back of map) shows the route from the Gabriola ferry terminal to The Haven.
Arriving on foot
Arriving on foot? We provide shuttle transport for foot passengers arriving on the 3:45pm and 5:10pm BC Ferry departures from Nanaimo. This service is for program participants only, and is only offered on the scheduled start date of each program. Please contact Reception at 250 247 9211 x0 (extension zero) when you arrive at the ferry terminal (on the Nanaimo side) and have confirmed which ferry you will be on to Gabriola Island. Gabriola Taxi is also available (you will need to book the taxi in advance). PLEASE NOTE: The Gabriola Taxi is currently not operating past 6pm Sundays through Thursdays, please plan your travel accordingly.
We also provide shuttle transport for program participants departing as foot passengers on the 12:35pm and 1:50pm BC Ferry departures from Gabriola.
Parking in Nanaimo: There are two underground parking facilities near the Gabriola Ferry terminal which offer long-term parking if you want to leave your car in Nanaimo. They are the Harbour Front Parkade and the Port of Nanaimo Centre. Map of parking locations.
- The Haven 800 222 9211
- BC Ferries 888 223 3779
- Gulf Island Seaplanes 800 665 2359
- Harbour Air 800 665 0212
- Kenmore Air 866 435 9524
- WestJet 888 937 8538
- Air Canada 888 247 2262
- Greyhound Bus 800 661 8747
- IslandLink Express Bus
- Tofino Bus 866 986 3466
- Nanaimo Airporter 888 758 2133
- AC Taxi, Nanaimo 800 753 1231
- Yellow Cab, Nanaimo 250 751 1111
- Gabriola Taxi 250 247 0049
- Gabriola Bus (GERTIE) 250 668 6809