"Our hosts at The Haven, Gabriola Island were AMAZING to work with and the venue was so well set up for our needs (as an event producer, it's such a treat to work in well-crafted and tech-capable spaces).”
- Jason Guille, Stream of Consciousness
The Haven offers the perfect, natural setting for your event, conference or meeting. We can also offer a private, custom version of most of our catalogue programs, tailored to the specific needs of your group.
We can accommodate up to 100 overnight guests on property with a range of rooms and suites, booked as private rooms or shared by two to four people.
For pricing and more information, see Private Guest accommodations.
Venues & Meeting rooms
Our Wong & McKeen Phoenix Auditorium is a popular venue for concerts, conferences, larger workshops, and performances. With state-of-the-art acoustics and AV equipment, this site is a crowd-pleaser!
Phoenix Auditorium Specs:
- Capacity 165 when seated theatre-style
- Fixed stage with theatre lights
- Digital projector
- Retractable screen on stage
128in x 72in or 147in diagonal
325cm x 183cm or 373cm diagonal
- PA and music system
- Whiteboards, wall-mounted
- Haven WiFi
The Haven also boasts a large number of rooms that can be booked for Board meetings, break-out rooms for conferences, yoga classes, smaller programs, and more. Please see the chart below and feel free to call us for a recommendation based on your specific needs.
|Location||Capacity (max.)||Dimensions||Audio-visual||Whiteboards||WIFI||Floor Plan (click to view)||Accessibility|
|Phoenix: Bing Room||28||29ft x 25ft||Yes||Yes||Yes||Phoenix Upper Level|
|Phoenix: P1||25||25ft x 25ft||Yes||Yes||Yes||Phoenix Lower Level||Yes|
|Phoenix: P2||25||25ft x 24ft||Yes||Yes||Yes||Phoenix Lower Level||Yes|
|Heron||55||32ft x 33ft||Yes||Yes||Yes||Heron||Yes|
|Heron's Nest||7||16ft x 13ft||Yes||Yes||Yes||Heron||Yes|
|Swallow||30||24ft x 18ft||Yes||Yes||Yes||Swallow|
|Swallow's View||12||13ft x 7ft||Yes||Yes||Yes||Swallow|
|Swallow's Nest||10||15ft x 6ft||Yes||Yes||Yes||Swallow|
|Havenhaus: 361||15||14ft x 12ft||Yes||Yes||Yes||Havenhaus 361|
We serve three buffet-style meals a day (breakfast 8-9am, lunch 12-1pm, dinner 6-7pm) in our ocean view dining room in the Lodge. For pricing and more information, see dining at The Haven.
Our property and facilities are designed to support the comfort of our program participants and facilitate the delivery of our onsite educational programs. Although we may not be able to offer all of the amenities you may associate with an urban conference centre or resort hotel, we do offer a natural environment where you can focus on important issues, away from the office and free from the distractions of the big city.
Popular features at The Haven include:
- Massage and other bodywork.
- Haven WiFi covers most of the property.
- Outdoor swimming pool (seasonal).
- Oceanfront hot tub (year-round).
- Fitness room with exercise equipment.
- Facilitation services for corporate and professional training.
- Easy access to beaches and trails on Gabriola Island.
- Morning yoga and movement classes.
The Haven is located on Gabriola Island, known as the Isle of the Arts. Our beautiful oceanfront location is within easy traveling distance from Victoria and Vancouver, only 20 minutes by ferry from Nanaimo. For more information and helpful links, see getting here.
Please email email@example.com.
Request a booking
Thank you for your interest in bringing your conference, event or group to The Haven on Gabriola Island, British Columbia, Canada.
#1 Select a meeting room - choose from the meeting rooms listed below.
- Available dates are shown in bold - when you click on the room, a calendar will appear to show dates in bold that are currently available.
- Start and end times - the view will show 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM to initially hold the full day for your event. We will contact you to discuss the actual hours needed, and adjust your booking accordingly. Use the 'comments' box if you would like to provide more information.
- Multiple dates - if you are booking a room for more than one day, choose **Add an additional day** and select the next day. You may repeat this process as many times as needed.
#2 Provide some details - when you click on Continue a few questions will appear. Please tell us about your event so we can better respond to your inquiry.
#3 Register for easy future access - when you complete your booking request, you will have the option to register for an account. With an account, your contact information and other details that you have entered will be saved and recalled automatically when you log in next time. It will make future requests even easier!
The event booking request calendar is updated frequently but may not always show actual availability - entering a booking request using this form does not constitute a confirmation. Actual event date(s) and hours will be determined as we proceed with the booking process, and will be confirmed only when a booking agreement is signed and deposit accepted.
We will review your request and contact you within 3 business days.
Events, Groups and Conferences
HAVEN FOUNDATION (The Haven)
Gabriola Island, British Columbia, Canada