ONLINE: Communication Basics
Connecting in tough times
The Haven’s Communication Model offers a doorway into communicating and connecting when it really matters. As we navigate these uncertain times—at home, in our work, and in our communities—tension and anxiety may be front and center for us or nibbling at our edges.
Let’s face it – effective communication can be a challenge in the best of times. In ‘Covid Times’ we are all learning to adapt and connect in new ways, often online. We’re all becoming increasingly aware of how important it is to stay in contact with our fellow humans.
The coming holiday season is no exception. Often our closest relationships present us with our greatest communication challenges. Whether we gather in small ways in-person or online, family time over the holiday season can be fertile ground for tension and conflict.
About Communication Basics:
Finding more skillful ways to communicate with each other can help us navigate through this period and cultivate positive connections, even across our differences.
The Haven’s Communication Model offers an accessible map and set of tools to make space for respectful dialogue and improve your communication skills. The model offers a path to recover your curiosity, generosity of spirit, bring increased clarity to your relationships, and support finding your way out of misunderstandings.
This 3-hour interactive online program, “Communication Basics – connecting in tough times”, is a practical introduction to working with the Model. It’s also a good refresher for those who’ve learned the Communication Model in other Haven programs and want to apply it to what you are facing today and what this season may bring for you.
This program is especially for you if you want to...
- share more clearly what is really up for you in these challenging times;
- communicate more directly and improve your relationships with friends, family, loved ones, or work colleagues;
- discover ways to stay more present in difficult conversations, conflict and other challenging situations;
- expand your self-awareness, think more clearly and communicate with more empathy and clarity; and
- slow down, get curious and be a better listener.
A three-hour interactive and dynamic communication skills workshop on Zoom. This session is limited to 24 participants* and includes a short mid-program break.
- 10:00am – 1:00pm
*This program sells out, so please register early to avoid disappointment
You’ll be invited to connect with others, practice your skills in pairs and trios, and consider how you want to take what you learn back into your lives. If you're attending this workshop with someone else, you'll be invited to let us know during registration if you’d like opportunity to practice or dialogue with specific people.
- Experiential learning with experienced leaders and online technical support;
- A mid-program break for reflection and integration;
- Opportunities to connect with others and practice skills in pairs or trios; and
- Time to identify how you want to take what you’ve learned back into your life.
Visit and 'like' Dynamic Dialogue on Facebook to get more of a flavour of what we offer: https://www.facebook.com/ddmatters/
Accessibility and inclusion are important to us. Together with the facilitator, we are offering tiered pricing. Please select the price that best fits your context:
- Supported – $69, made possible by our generous supporters
- Regular – $89, our standard tuition price
- Pay-It-Forward – $109, helps support another participant to join
This online program will be hosted on Zoom, a video conferencing software that is free for participants and easy to use on a variety of devices. You will need to have a device (desktop computer or laptop recommended; tablet or smartphone can work too), reliable internet connection, and sound capabilities (headset recommended; built in or external microphone or speaker systems can work too). You will be invited to join the call up to 15 minutes early to receive technical support. Please do not join on multiple devices. Registration is individual - sharing a screen is not permitted.