ONLINE: Transforming Addictions
Many people say The Haven was “the missing link” in their recovery from a variety of addictive behaviors.
We may hear the word "addiction" and think of alcohol or hard drugs, however, addictive substances can also include things like caffeine, sugar, tobacco, and cannabis. And, while substance addictions are common forms of dependency, they are also not the only ones! This series also applies to people struggling with behavioural addictions, like gambling, sex (including online pornography), internet browsing and social media, shopping, video gaming, plastic surgery, binge-eating/food, risk-taking, pain-seeking, spiritual obsessing, over-exercising, over-working, self-hate/victimization and other addictive processes you may experience.
Are any of these statements true for you?
- I find myself slipping into unhealthy patterns
- I’m in recovery, but I’m worried about relapse
- I have trouble being intimate with others
- I have struggled in destructive relationships
- I don’t feel good enough or deserving
If you can relate to any one of these, this series may be a perfect opportunity to first build a resilient foundation and next, sustain recovery and embrace life!
“The Haven have managed to bring their unique, inspiring format and approach to the virtual platform. It's wonderful to be able to have a slice of The Haven in my own home, especially in these challenging times.” - Dr. Helen Peel, past participant
This 2-part series will be held on Zoom, incorporating experiential exercises, group discussion, breakouts, presentations and more. In addition to over 24 hours of live online learning, you will receive take-home practices and opportunities to connect with a buddy in the group. If you miss a session, you will be able to access the recordings.
You can register for each part of the series individually or save by purchasing the package. The intention of a 2-part series extending over 6 months is to provide continuous learning, opportunities to repattern, and meaningful change.
“The teachers were great, the class was inclusive, the learning was very relevant and I can apply the tools in my everyday life.” - Chantelle Voisin, past participant
Part A: Building a Resilient Foundation
- Rich discussion on freedom and self-responsibility, power and strength, shame and self-compassion
- Introduction to Satir and Haven Models
- Learning about neurobiology and addictions
- Tools for shifting perspectives and patterns and building new neural pathways
- Building a community of support
Part A Schedule:
- Tuesday, April 13th - 6-8pm PT - Join us free to see if the program is a good fit for you. Register here.
- Tuesday, April 20th - 6-8pm PT
- Tuesday, April 27th - 6-8pm PT
- Tuesday, May 4th - 6-8pm PT
- Tuesday, May 11th - 6-8pm PT
- Tuesday, May 18th - 6-8pm PT
Save by registering for Parts A and B together or register for Part A only.
Part B: Sustaining Recovery & Embracing Life
- Learning and practicing healthy communication, including conflict
- Discovering courage through vulnerability
- Considering and connecting to your spirituality
- Discussing relapse
- Learning how to incorporate self-care and ask for/give support
- Thriving with purpose, meaning, engagement, creativity
Part B Schedule:
- Tuesday, September 7th - 6-8pm PT
- Tuesday, September 14th - 6-8pm PT
- Tuesday, September 21st - 6-8pm PT
- Tuesday September 28th - 6-8pm PT
- Tuesday, October 5th - 6-8pm PT
- Tuesday, October 12th - 6-8pm PT
During the summer months, between parts A and B, participants will be encouraged to engage in self-managed practice and connection groups with support from the leaders.
What happens if I can’t make a session?
We’ll be sending out a recap following each session. Limited-time access to a recording of the teaching portion of the session will be available to registrants. Audio and video of participants will not be shared outside of this group without consent.
Package pricing $468
We are able to offer a limited number of bursaries through the Community Diversity & Inclusion Fund. Applications must be received at least 7 days prior to the program start date. Learn more and apply for support here. Application Deadline: April 6th, 2021.
Transforming Addictions Online fosters an environment that allows people to explore openly and deeply. In order to create this safe space we ask our participants to agree to keep confidentiality; to not talk about others’ experiences or stories, and to not record any parts of the session themselves. Breakout rooms cannot be recorded and our support team can pause recording at any time in the main session. Recordings will not be shared outside of this group.
This program is not a replacement for clinical treatment for alcohol, drug, food, and other addictions, but rather a complement or follow-up to protocols like the 12-steps or counseling. By integrating the Haven models based on eastern and western principles and philosophy, you’ll benefit from a holistic approach to your recovery. This program is not for people actively using drugs or alcohol.
This online program will be hosted on Zoom, a video conferencing software that is free for participants and easy to use on a variety of devices. You will need to have a device (desktop computer or laptop recommended; tablet or smartphone can work too), reliable internet connection, and sound capabilities (headset recommended; built in or external microphone or speaker systems can work too). You can test your device connection and compatibility in advance here: zoom.us/test
You will be invited to join the call up to 15 minutes early to receive technical support.