Living Stories for Hope and Change
To work individually and as a community using the creative arts to discover, create, perform and witness personal stories for hope and change.
This program will help facilitate individual and group self discovery and lead to creating original writing based on personal experience opening the way for active participation through embodiment and performance creating opportunities for meaning making, reflecting and witness within a group setting. This has the potential to lead to greater self awareness potentially contributing to personal transformative change as well as health and wellbeing.
- To create opportunities for the creative process and individual and group communication
- To foster trust and encourage creative collaboration
- To help foster hope, optimism, confidence building and resiliency through creative expression
- To explore the creative process together… writing, embodying lived experience and witnessing personal stories in a group setting
- With an emphasis on the personal story, narrative and drama/performance this group will offer opportunities to take part in dramatic exercises and activities as well as create original art in a creative community developing material based on experience for individual and group performance in multiple forms such as writing, monologue, poetry, other (possibly music/song/movement/dance)
The program has been developed over 20 years in the field. The methods integrate creative arts research and practice/ as well as therapeutic approaches (embodiment/projection/role), group therapy, narrative and story methods, social science/performance ethnography for an expressive and dynamic facilitated creative arts and expressive experience which has been adapted and used successfully with a wide rage of participating groups and individuals among them emergency room physicians, psychiatrists, nurses, counsellors, mental health workers, dietitians, as well as educators and survivors of sexual abuse.