Writing and Thinking for the Human Spirit
How is experience understood from one person to the next? How do we recognize what a story is?
What is the difference between fact and fiction, reality and fantasy, truth and lie? What is the advantage of having a consciousness that prevaricates, exaggerates, fictionalizes, rationalizes?
No other animal that we know does all these things, and with such aplomb! Find out something about your very depths as a human being as well as have fun learning about writing styles, from scientific non-fiction to short story and verse, editorial, essay, argument, and the tall tale.
This is a program for you if:
- you've always wanted to become a writer
- you have ideas that are difficult to express
- you have a job that requires communicative writing
- you are a student who needs to learn how to write
- you simply love the written word